The Legislative Gazette reaches an audience of professionals who live, work, and play in the heart of downtown Albany and its surrounding communities. Advertise your rentals, find qualified employees, and promote your services here. Affordable rates and first two photos are free. Long-term contracts available. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Apartment for Rent – Center Square
Lovely, immaculate, quiet one bedroom apartment with patio in historic brownstone in Center Square off Lark Street and Washington Park. Perfect for state or government worker, med or law student who could walk to work. Albany parking permit area. $900 includes washer/dryer access, heat and hot water, A/C. No smoking, small quiet pet OK. References a must. Call Ted 518-434-1934.
Posted on April 19, 2016
The Carey Institute for Global Good in Rensselaerville is seeking an ambitious, self-starting Strategic Partnerships Manager to lead the design and implementation of the Carey Institute’s Partnership Strategy, driving revenue growth and supporting the long term sustainability of the organization and its programs by identifying opportunities, cultivating relationships and establishing strategic partnerships with funders and other relevant stakeholders.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a revenue stream capable of sustaining and growing the Carey Institute’s programs
- Collaborate with President/CEO, Trustees, and Program Staff to identify strategic partnership goals and objectives
- Collaborate with President/CEO, Trustees, and Program Staff to identify existing and potential organizational and program contacts and partners
- Develop and implement a partnership strategy, including timelines, by which to convert contacts to partners and increase revenues from private, corporate, institutional and foundation donors to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Develop necessary systems by which to implement the partnership strategy
- Represent and raise the profile of the Carey Institute for Global Good and its programs
- Identify and cultivate funding opportunities
- Identify, cultivate and maintain relationships with Strategic Partners
- Liaise between strategic partners, President/CEO, trustees and program managers
- Coach Carey Institute program managers and grant writers to develop winning funding proposals based on partnership insights
- Execute the partnership strategy in accordance with the Carey Institute’s mission and goals, as well as professional and ethical standards.
- Collaborate with the communications staff to strategize organizational and program communications to maximize partnership opportunities
- Maximize all development and strategic partnership opportunities at the Carey Institute
- Monitor relevant trends and adapt strategies as necessary
- Other duties and responsibilities as necessary
Education – Minimum 4-year University degree in a related subject
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 5-10 years demonstrable partnership development success
- Proven experience in results orientated relationship management, networking, marketing and intelligence gathering
- Proven ability to engage meaningfully and build credible relationships at a senior level
- Strong entrepreneurial instincts
- Excellent organizational, financial and data management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Track record of setting and achieving targets
- Track record of developing successful program funding proposals
- Familiarity with federal, state, foundation, corporate and individual funding sources, grant makers and giving trends
- Knowledge of stakeholders and issues related to the Carey Institute’s mission and programs
- Highly organized – able to handle multiple and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and function effectively in a team environment (virtually and in –person)
- Flexible and committed to continuous learning
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of program management, project/program design and evaluation
- Proven ability to capacity build, lead and motivate
- Proficiency in MS Office Products including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Salesforce or a similar relationship management database
How to Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter by April 30 to: LSYelich@CareyInstitute.org
Sarah Avery Gordon
Carey Institute for Global Good
Seeking a Data Specialist
Latham, NY (Albany Area)
LeadingAge New York, a statewide membership association of nearly 500 not-for-profit and public long term care providers, is seeking a Data Specialist for its Advocacy and Policy Department to conduct data analysis and research to support advocacy efforts. The incumbent will analyze and model financial impacts of state budget, legislative and regulatory initiatives and compile, analyze and present data in meaningful ways to assist member nursing homes, home care agencies and other member organizations involved in arranging or providing healthcare and housing for seniors and special populations. The Data Specialist will also assist in researching, analyzing and providing input on regulations, legislation and policy changes that impact members.
Minimum requirements include a bachelor’s degree with coursework in a quantitative field such as accounting, statistics, mathematics or computer science. Work experience in policy analysis or health care reimbursement as well as familiarity with New York State government is preferred, but not required. Proficiency in spreadsheet and database programs (e.g., Microsoft Excel and Access) along with excellent interpersonal, verbal communication, organizational and writing skills are required.
We offer competitive compensation including superior benefits and great working conditions. Qualified candidates should email a statement of interest and resume along with salary requirements to: Ellen Quinn, VP of Human Resources, LeadingAge New York, 13 British American Blvd. Suite 2, Latham, NY 12110 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apartment wanted in Center Square/Washington Park area for July & August for elderly non smoker visiting family from out of U.S. 1 BR is ideal but will consider others. Must be safe neighborhood walkable to Lark Street and Washington Park. Perhaps lobbyist with apartment available after session would be good match. Reply to email@example.com