To complement the weekly outdoor farmers market and food vendors at the Empire State Plaza, musicians will perform lunchtime concerts every Wednesday this summer from June 6 through August 29.
Performances begin at noon on the plaza, in the shade of the Egg near the Fallen Firefighters Memorial.
The schedule is:
- June 6: Alex Torres & His Latin Orchestra, Afro-Caribbean rhythms.
- June 13: Closet Classics, acoustic classics from the ’60s and ’70s.
- June 20: Annie in the Water, combination of reggae, funk, rock, blues, and jam band.
- June 27: Rusticators, acoustic with Americana spirit.
- July 11: The Stray Dogs, acoustic classics.
- July 18: The Singin’ Palms, Hawaiian Tiki.
- July 25: Olde Time Dance Band, big band swing.
- August 1: Melissa Sgambelluri Trio, dynamic singer/songwriter pop.
- August 8: Dominant Five Bradd Quintet, classical Dixie jazz.
- August 15: School of Rock, youth band.
- August 22: The Lane Brothers, soulful, jazzy, bluegrass.
- August 29: Soul Sessions Duo, acoustic soul.
All of the Summer At The Plaza events are free. Free parking is available in the East Garage and the Cathedral, Madison, and Grand Street parking lots on Saturdays during At the Plaza events. Free parking is also available in the East Garage after 4 p.m. for weeknight events. Paid parking is available at the visitor or V lot underneath the plaza.
No alcoholic beverages, coolers (defined as rigid insulated containers), or glass containers of any kind; animals or pets, other than ADA-defined service animals, will be allowed. Alcohol will be sold by vendors to adults with proper identification.
For event updates and additional information on opening acts, people can follow @plazaevents on Twitter and Facebook, or call (518) 474-4759. For additional information, including ground rules and parking lot locations, visit our website at www.empirestateplaza.org.