The Egg has announced the lineup for its 2017 “Made in the Shade” free outdoor performance. The performances and concerts take place every Wednesdays at 12 noon, beginning on June 7 and concluding August 30.
The performances will be on the outdoor stage just outside the main entrance to The Egg on the Empire State Plaza.
The performances are presented in cooperation with the New York Office of General Services.
The schedule and details of the performances are as follows:
- June 14: Kat Wright: A voice that is at once sultry and dynamic, delicate yet powerful, Kat Wright presides over the new school R&B of the Indomitable Soul Band.
- June 28: The Big Takeover: The Big Takeover performs Jamaican reggae spiced with American soul.
- July 5: Adam Ezra Group: Adam Ezra leads this contemporary indie-folk-rock band well known for its passion for smart, well written lyrics, tight musicianship and exciting live performances.
- July 12: Beg, Steal or Borrow: Beg, Steal or Borrow plays bluegrass and newgrass inspired by the classic “Old & in the Way” band.
- July 19: Joe Louis Walker: The powerhouse guitar virtuoso and boundary-pushing icon of modern blues, Joe Louis Walker performs with his band.
- July 26: Ajkun Ballet Theatre: Ajkun Ballet Theatre mixes contemporary repertory and traditional ballets including an excerpt from Sleeping Beauty.
- August 2: Incendio: Incendio plays a global fusion of Flamenco, classical, jazz, rock, and Celtic music.
- August 9: The Soul Rebels: The Soul Rebels play pop tunes performed New Orleans marching band style, and stirred up with funk and soul with elements of hip hop, jazz and rock.
- August 16: Roosevelt Dime: Roosevelt Dime plays a modern Americana mix steeped in Dixieland, blues, bluegrass and jug band music.
- August 23: The Sweetback Sisters: The Sweetback Sisters bring honky-tonk harmony from the golden age of country music.
- August 30: Ellen Sinopoli Dance Company: A creative tour-de-force for over a quarter century, Ellen Sinopoli offers modern dance performed by her company of compelling, athletic and versatile dancers.